Photo of the Day Tim Kingham and Richard Kettle

G

Graham Smith

oakamoor.jpg

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
That was at Oakamore hill climb just before lock down it was part of a village fete and duck race (I kid you not) the climb started in a village street and was a steep winding climb out and into the hills then after the finish it was a 5 mile fast ride back to the start...fantastic
Cars and bikes, a wonderfull day the village and the pub made a pile of money and then just one person with influence complained and it was never held again and it was moved to Curbourgh but I haven't bothered again.
Just down the road from my house in the next village from March to October on first Sunday in the month they have a "car and bike of character" meet just a morning coffee tea and a bacon bap in the village hall car park with all sorts of interesting cars and bikes and just before lockdown they made 7£K for the local church.
If they can close a road for a Coronation then local communities can make a lot more money by exploiting their facilities with historic machines (If they don't have a local kill joy)