they wont be happy till....

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
About six months ago they put in a couple of proper Roundabouts, near here,.. Nothing quite like seeing an empty roundabout, when the car you're following slams on his brakes to a full stop before entering it! They're probably end up making stopping the law, instead of ticketing the idiots that can't drive!
Grrrrr! John

b'knighted

VOC Member
Be fair John,
In Britain the entrance to the roundabout is guarded by a "Give Way" line. The inept driver is merely waiting for someone to give way to. If they were more ept you'd be gruntled.

For Howard: Is the sixty plate related to machine age, rider age, years of experience or speed at which brake fade sets in?

Howard

VOC Member
For Howard: Is the sixty plate related to machine age, rider age, years of experience or speed at which brake fade sets in?[/QUOTE]

................... YES.

Just by coincidence, the latest figures for road deaths in the UK have been released today, and the numbers have increased for the first time in 10 years. Apparently the biggest rise is in deaths of pedestrians ............. obviously caused by motorists going too fast on quiet country roads!!

H

Jim Richardson

VOC Member
Seems to me the best thing the goverment could do, would be to restrict or ban walking or at the very least make pedestrians take a 2 part test + theory, wear high viz and of course all clothing and footwear would be type approved.
A motoring association has said that the 2010 figures were low because of the snow that year, the 2012 increase was 51, 1 increase in 10 years is hardly a trend.
JimR

Len Matthews

VOC Member
40 mph limit on country roads? Won't make much difference to some of the arrogant sods I've come across. Many a time I've nearly been forced off the road by some maniac in a 4x4 who had no intention of slowing down or giving way. Then there's our equine friends who will insist on using public roads and can't control their steeds. Some are polite and acknowledge you when you show courtesy and others that sneer at you because they think that motorcycles are the Devil's creation. I even had one who doubted my parentage even through my bike was stationary with it's engine stopped. There's a staggered crossroads near me that was modified to reduce accidents at great cost to the public purse. Since then there have been more collisions and now there's tacit recognition it's worse than before the changes were made. One wonders who dreams up these schemes?
Abolishing MOT Tests for classic vehicles? Rumour has it insurers may not provide cover without some verification of the vehicle's condition. Any truth in this?

Last edited: