the other racing

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
whilst I wish Patrick +co well, lets get real here, 6 laps at Lydden hill is less than half a lap at "the island" .They have more chance of phoning the pope than gaining a podium. Look at the opposition,modern manxes, the odious replica patons ,and walmsleys g50's.

davidd

VOC Member
Personally I think that it is better to have tried and failed rather than never to have tried at all and I think that it is great that Patrick is prepared to put his money where his mouth is and have a go. The best of luck to all concerned.

Congratulations to Patrick!

Bruno LeRoy came in 14 having started at 40th place. The Paton won with an average of 111.523 mph, but the Flash did an average of 94.653 mph, which must be a good number for a Vincent. Even a Vincent twin!

Quite a good update from David Lancaster:

http://egli-vincent.net/2014/08/23/2014-classic-tt-update-aug-23-405am-iom-time/

Also mention of the Vincent from California that ran.

David

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
94.653 mph? average, not so, a bit better than that, that was the last lap, the previous 3 laps were done at 98 mph+, I recon Patric will get a 100 mph lap before to long, he is knocking on the door, what a fantastic effort. I wonder if David Masden-Mygdal realised the significance of a close race with a Vincent motorcycle.

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Hi all.

Just back from the IoM last night.

It was a great result – most of the entries were new bikes, of course, assembled from parts from outside suppliers. Godet’s entries were built by him and his team from the ground up, over the past year.

I understand rider Bruno Leroy’s 14th place qualifies him for a Silver Replica.

According to David Wright's 'Vincent HRDs and The Isle of Man' the Roger Slater 500 Egli-Vincent entry in the 1971 TT, with Roger Wittich on board, qualified to race with a 90mph lap. But weather delays meant the team could not compete. So, I think Bruno's is the fastest official lap time for any Vincent powered motorcycle.

It was wonderful Fritz and his son were there to see the result too. First visit to the Island for both of them; Fritz Snr was a justifiably proud man to see such an effort and result.

He commuted around the Island in the chair of Patrick’s Black Prince outfit.

David Lancaster

vibrac

VOC Member
Chris Hayden on a twin managed 92.5 official in 1988 but that included a pit stop he did admit to only opening the throttle fully on the fifth lap because he was worried about under jetting that resulted in the unofficial speed being around 96 his race average was 90.23. Slaters attempt was with a vincent frame but the 500 Phoenix in 73 had an Egli type frame and only averaged 81.67 so those figures put in perspective an excellent result for the single this year and something to build on....
please phone vatican 123123