That which was lost

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The last time the VOC Spares Co issued shares, many of us purchased a few, one of those many was the Vancouver Section. At the time our Section Organiser was the late Gerry Hastings. As many of you know, Gerry died as the result of an accident some 17 years ago. Several years ago, I had a message from the Spares Co as they were trying to track down the share certificates issued to the Vancouver Section. I asked Gerry's family if they had ever seen such things, but as they were in the midst of selling house and moving, looking for share certificates was a matter that fell off the important things to do list. Recently, Gerry's widow, Joan Wilson, and I have become close, but of course I had long forgotten about the share certificates. However, I have been helping Joan deal with the large assortment of pictures that Gerry took at various Vincent events, while Joan was also sorting things that Gerry had collected over the years. One such "thing" was a Rubbermaid tub of miscellaneous bits given to son Tim to deal with, a task he was doing on the morning of the recent Vincent lunch. One small mailing tube caught his eye and upon opening it, he thought, "Hmmmmm, I should take these to the lunch and see what's up with them."

Inside, of course, were 2 Spares Co shares Certificates: one for 80 shares in the the name of the Vancouver Section and the other in Gerry's name.

Attached are two photos of the event, Tony Cording and I observing, whilst Tim delivers the Certificate to the current Section Organiser, Jim Bush.

Jim will be in contact with the Spares Co secretary to inform him of the status!

You'll also be pleased to know that Gerry's Black Shadow is in Tim's care, and should he ever stop spending so much time running stages for big event shows all around the world, we may even see it, and its new electric start, out on the road again!

VOCSC shares2.jpg

VOCSC Shares.jpg