Tensioner Blade PD 9R, Covered with "S" green - Home-Brewed

Sebastian Huber

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello,

although having no experiences with hard ruber vulcanized version I couldn`t chump up by wondering where the abrasive wear will go to.
When looking for another solution years ago I cam accidentially across a piece of "S" green profile, the most dedicated material for this job.
> www.murtfeldt.de > has some snap-on profiles but none of them will match with dimensions of VIN Tensioner Blade.
Couldn`t find the profile I used in actaully version of their home page catalogue but I`m shure it was bought from this company years ago.

This solution workes perfect since 2010 with about 10.000 mls - my very fist three seasons on a Vincent.
(hope I won`t be shot by an Australian supplier)

The wire fixing the "S" green profile lies under the blade. No danger that they may ever be cuted by primary chain.

P1090886.jpgP1090888.jpgP1090889.jpgP1090890.jpg

Wiser men will say "what a hapy man, he has time to spent on problems that are alredy solved",
but to see the world with the eyes of an engeneer doesn´t make things easier.

Sebastian,
the Bavarian

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Very good, But I thought the point of the grooves on the standard one was that now the rollers were in contact ? Cheers Bill.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Very good, But I thought the point of the grooves on the standard one was that now the rollers were in contact ? Cheers Bill.
I suppose the problem is that the tensioner blade does not start off grooved, the grooves only get there as a by product of abrasive wear, but where does all that worn off metal go, I guess that the particles that do not get removed in oil changes just slosh around the chaincase and into your main bearings and sprockets etc.