T: Fuel Tank Temporary fuel tank for carb tuning?

CoreyL

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Esteemed Ones,

I need to do some carb tuning (swapping throttle slides and changing needle clip positions) on an Amal Mk1 Concentric carb mounted to my post-war single. Removing the top of the carb requires removing the fuel tank. In order to minimize the number of times I need to remove/replace the large fuel tank, I'd like to temporarily mount a small gas tank on the UFM that will let me make changes, road test, repeat...

Does anyone have a specific auxiliary fuel tank they've used and can recommend? Preferably something I can acquire in the US.

Thanks in advance,
Corey

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Corey, Feked.com UK, Do a 1 litre hanging plastic petrol testing thing £25 plus postage,
Not really for road testing, Unless you mean just up the path ?.
Cheers Bill.

CoreyL

VOC Member
Corey, Feked.com UK, Do a 1 litre hanging plastic petrol testing thing £25 plus postage,
Not really for road testing, Unless you mean just up the path ?.
Cheers Bill.
Thanks, Bill. I have one of those ones that are meant to be hung alongside the bike. I might be able to make it work with appropriate use of zip ties and duct tape, but I was hoping for something more elegant.

I'm hoping to find something like the setup in this video of Matthew Biberman:
I asked Matthew where the fuel cell came from and he wasn't sure - it was something that Big Sid had had for a long time.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have been looking at some smaller bikes , At auto jumbles, For the same,
But not found one yet.
My next bike I want to test, Has an oil and petrol tank in one ,
So I am stuffed on that !.

Just a thought, Ron and me built a Comet for a friend,
With a standard carb',
And we just took the top off the float chamber , And I stood there, Topping it up !!.
Lots of FUN.
Cheers Bill.

Attachments

• Snap_20201222181134 (2).png
    Snap_20201222181134 (2).png
    599.2 KB · Views: 28