Misc: Ignition Spark Plug Query

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Appreciate your wisdom Peter, interesting, I better fit BH6 for now and look out for KLG FE60 perhaps.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
KLG FE70 works for me, and has done so for many years, with a Lucas KVF, and latterly, since 2009 a
BT-H,
Why will you look for FE60?

LoneStar

VOC Member
The Riders Handbook suggests FE50 or FE70, the latter (colder) plug for "conditions where cruising speeds of over 80 m.p.h. are indulged in".

kerry

VOC Member
I thought go in between may be best with FE60 ? I assume 60 is between 50-70 heat wise.

I will be cruising usually at around 50 !

Thanks

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
It is. I forget where I down loaded it from, this chart has the cross references of KLG plugs to other brands. I've considered sourcing a couple of FE60s on the off chance. I have FE65P and FE55P plugs for my MG B GT and have considered those as well as the Shadow and Comet don't have that high of compression and the crown of the pistons come no where near the plugs. But currently the FE70s are working quite well.
Steven

KLG chart.jpg

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Whoo Hoo Left turn in the spark plug thread!

Here is my MGA, but it has a B engine in it! No idea what plugs, should I go and look??

Attachments

• 20220927_095433.jpg
    20220927_095433.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 12

kerry

VOC Member
MGA ! I had 2 in my youth, both FHC, if I ever buy a classic it would be one of these, my favourite, but it would take up the space of 6 motorbikes !

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Whoo Hoo Left turn in the spark plug thread!

Here is my MGA, but it has a B engine in it! No idea what plugs, should I go and look??
I use FE65Ps in my MG B GT. I have an application sheet for KLG plugs as well and that is what it lists for MG B, MG B GT, and 1275 Midgets. I'll post it here when I find it.
Steven