Snatchy clutch or Kangaroo petrol?

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
No need to get any made Bill. It is just a mod to the existing clutch shoes but one I had never come across before or even though of. Just shows that the two Phils had ideas that were never released to the general public. The angle of the lower front fork link being one that seems to have been used by racers but never incorporated into road bikes.

timetraveller

VOC Member
No need to get any made Bill. It is just a mod to the existing clutch shoes but one I had never come across before or even though of. Just shows that the two Phils had ideas that were never released to the general public. The angle of the lower front fork link being one that seems to have been used by racers but never incorporated into road bikes.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello T. T, I would like to see a photo of the shoe, I don't know how you would stick lead on to it, I wonder if a small spring would do the same ? Food for thought ! I have just seen a photo of my Blue Un on E/bay, Under Comet, David would have a Fit !! But that bike never gave me any trouble, I am only worth £2-99p, So that is just about right !! Cheers Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I do not think that a spring would work. Think balancing a motorcycle wheel with weights and then a modern car wheel balancing system which spins the wheel. One is trying to make sure that at high revs the clutch shoes do not try to tilt due to centrifugal force.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You have lost me Again ! It's times like this I wish I had gone to school, But I didn't like it, That's why I Suck It And See, Cheers bill.