Where Are You Now? Series ‘B’ RFM R2567

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Mark,
the engine that matches RFM 3269 was last heard of in 2005 in South Australia, unfortunatley no owner since has infirmed us of its ownership.
I am now aware where rfm R2567 is, so I'll contact the owner for you.
Where in Australia are you please?
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Reasearcher

Alyson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I do hope this all works out for all involved. The deciding factory may be, and not limited to, if the bike is registered using the RFM.
I also wonder where some bikes are, I have a UFM and RFM, spares, non matching and the rest of the bikes are out there somewhere....
over the rainbow perhaps ;)

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I do hope this all works out for all involved. The deciding factory may be, and not limited to, if the bike is registered using the RFM.
I also wonder where some bikes are, I have a UFM and RFM, spares, non matching and the rest of the bikes are out there somewhere....
over the rainbow perhaps ;)
My 1950 Rapide engine is in a 1953 Comet chassis and has been for over 40 years so there's a matching 1953 Comet engine and 1950 Rapide UFM and RFM somewhere.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
My 1950 Rapide engine is in a 1953 Comet chassis and has been for over 40 years so there's a matching 1953 Comet engine and 1950 Rapide UFM and RFM somewhere.
There's a lot of non-matching Vincents out there Chris and when we can, we try to put people in touch and occasionally get bikes matched up again.
Cheers Jon

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Even though the Machine database contains a lot of info on bike and parts numbers we don’t know where everything is located. It’s not unusual for long term members to suddenly ask about a spare UFM or RFM they have had in their garage for 40 plus years and never informed the club of its existence. Plus some parts or bikes appear for a while and then disappear again as members sell parts or bikes which can be frustrating when later trying to reunite parts.

Simon

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Simon & Jon my handsomes, I think I have passed on my latest haul of part numbers of one UFM and two RFM's recent acquired from an auction that will be moved on shortly for sensible money I hope. and you should have a bunch of other numbers of mine that Gordon Powell took while he visited me some years ago when he attended a rally on the Lizard when he got a speeding ticket in his smart car. Do you want me to put numbers on here or PM them to you.
bananaman.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
M
Hello All,

Please forgive me if my post is in the incorrect location/subject.

I’m seeking RFM R2567. I purchased my B Rapide in 2006 here in Australia.

Recently I contacted the VOC seeking advice on another matter. On the off chance I asked Simon if RFM R2567. To my surprise it had been reported to the VOC in 2009. Three years after I purchased the bike.

Understandably Simon is not permitted to share whom reported the RFM to the VOC.

I would appreciate any information of location of the RFM.

I have a good condition B series RFM on the bike which I would happily trade/part trade.

A long bow I am aware. Thank you for taking the time to read my request.
regards
Mark
+61 429568759
Mark,
you will recieve an email soon which will put you in contact with the owner of the RFM you are after
Regards
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher