Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jilly F

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sunday 24th April 2022

The Mendips BA5 3AR.

Just turn up - 2 wheels, 3 wheels or 4 - Vincent-mounted or whatever else you have that's running!

I have put in an order for sunshine and warmth.

Hope to see you there.

hunters-lodge-inn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jilly F

Active Forum User
VOC Member
A few photos from our gathering earlier on today at Priddy.

Click on the thumbnail image to see a bigger version.

Jilly

Image001.jpgImage002.jpgImage003.jpgImage004.jpgImage005.jpgImage006.jpgImage007.jpgImage008.jpgImage009.jpgImage0010.jpgImage0011.jpgImage0012.jpgImage0013.jpgImage0014.jpgImage0015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I can help you a little Bill, the neat disc brake conversion was done by Roy Cross, in fact the entire Comet was put together by Roy Cross, I could tell you a lot about this bike as I came very close to purchasing it, but my interest coincided with the first Covid lockdown, and then other events overtook me, but I can tell you, it is a very interesting bike, fixed AMC/Norton gearbox with primary chain adjustment converted to twin style spring plate slipper adjustment, no engine shock absorber as there is shock absorption in the clutch, coil ignition, fully sprung, probably loads more interesting info, I had Roy's build sheet on my computer, but I think I deleted it in error. But it is a very nicely put together bike.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Peter, I have never spoken to Roy,
Wish I had !, Saw him a few times at West London Rally,
Seen some of his work, Very clever,
I said some time ago, It would be nice for him to tell us on this Forum, Of some of his Projects ?.
Cheers Bill.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I think Roy is now 96 years old, I visited him last year, I would put him nearer to 85, still very with it and articulate, I have now found the Comet build sheet on my computer, but it has engine and frame numbers on it, so I am not sure that I should post it, but it is a really interesting document with loads of technical information. Perhaps the current owner would like it, as I understand it the current owner did not purchase the bike from Roy, I think it was an ebay purchase.

Jilly F

Active Forum User
VOC Member
As you can imagine, there was a large gathering at the Hunters yesterday.

Here are some more photographs - there were quite a lot of VMCC friends there I included them in the pictures as many of them are also VOC members.

The little girl on the Series 'B' is the Granddaughter of Nigel Butcher (shown with her) - when asked whose bike it was she said, quite definitely "Mine!".

Jilly F

DSC00154.JPGDSC00155.JPGDSC00156.JPGDSC00157.JPGDSC00159.JPGDSC00160.JPGDSC00161.JPGDSC00162.JPGDSC00163.JPGDSC00164.JPGDSC00165.JPGDSC00166.JPGDSC00171.JPG