Screw number?

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It doesn't take much to drive me off the deep end these days..... Can anyone confirm the part number for the two flat head countersunk machine screws that help to hold the the G50 pivot plate onto the case? They aren't shown in any of the parts books that I have, but I assume they are E121 (5/16 x 1/2 BSW)

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
It doesn't take much to drive me off the deep end these days..... Can anyone confirm the part number for the two flat head countersunk machine screws that help to hold the the G50 pivot plate onto the case? They aren't shown in any of the parts books that I have, but I assume they are E121 (5/16 x 1/2 BSW)
You can use #39.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The MO drawings can be very useful and occasionally quite frustrating. Countersunk screws #39 hold the FT100 Brake Pedal Footpiece onto the rear brake pedal. You will find them listed as #39 early MO21 drawings. On later MO21 drawings they are shown as E121.
You will also find them on drawing M062, Racing Gear-change Linkage & Brake Pedal labelled E121.
In an early Nuts, Screw &Misc parts list the #39 is listed as 5/16" B.S.W. x 1/2" long Countersunk Screws, 4 off. In the "Remarks" column the note says: Replaces E121.:confused: All a bit cryptic and another thing that makes working on a Vincent that little bit more challenging.;)

tatty500

Non-VOC Member
I just buy mine from my local nuts and bolts shop.............;)

I bet the original screws were a non BSI preferred length.
The thing with countersunk screws is that the length includes the head. The plate is 5/16 so there is only 3/16 or just over three threads to engage in the cast case with a 1/2 inch screw. Better perhaps to measure what is best on your own engine and buy some to suit.......being beware of UNC imposters with only 80 degree countersink heads.
Tatty

Cyborg

VOC Member
The MO drawings can be very useful and occasionally quite frustrating. Countersunk screws #39 hold the FT100 Brake Pedal Footpiece onto the rear brake pedal. You will find them listed as #39 early MO21 drawings. On later MO21 drawings they are shown as E121.
You will also find them on drawing M062, Racing Gear-change Linkage & Brake Pedal labelled E121.
In an early Nuts, Screw &Misc parts list the #39 is listed as 5/16" B.S.W. x 1/2" long Countersunk Screws, 4 off. In the "Remarks" column the note says: Replaces E121.:confused: All a bit cryptic and another thing that makes working on a Vincent that little bit more challenging.;)
Although I'm not new to the world of Vincents, it's been a long time since I've been inside one. Cryptic isn't the only adjective that comes to mind. There is that bushel bag of shims to keep me entertained.