Red brake shoes

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Ferodo linings for the Vincent are available at Vintage Brake in the US, however I expect the compoun differs from the old ones. No more good old carcinogenic asbestos in the new stuff.

Glen

Last edited:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Phil Mahood recommended this place in Toronto to me last year..great folks, incredibly fast turnaround, low prices, and brake linings that work..Get the linings extra thick, then turn them down to the correct radius..

http://www.phoenixfriction.ca/

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
A friend of mine who races Morgans has done just this so they have a solution .They are v helpful give them a
ring. Ken

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
I've been told that AM4 was developed specifically for use on milk floats........................

vibrac

VOC Member
thats right not for the fastest milk cart in the west but perhaps the heaviest all that milk and batteries to stop
A perfect green vehicle with the perfect zero waste container being phased out thanks to tescopoly and they call themselves green!

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Tescopoly?

Dear Tim,
You are going to have to help me with this word. I can't find a dictionary definition, just reference to a book about supermarket dominance.:confused:
thats right not for the fastest milk cart in the west but perhaps the heaviest all that milk and batteries to stop
A perfect green vehicle with the perfect zero waste container being phased out thanks to tescopoly and they call themselves green!

vibrac

VOC Member
Thats it, Tescopoly damm good book about Tesco and its 'progress' dont you just love them when you switch to reserve potter ten miles and end up out of petrol next to another new 'hand car wash'.

the only better book I know is "IBM and the Holocaust"
and now I will stop being political and get an app that shows me all the petrol stations...ha ha

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
I have just managed to source 4 sets of ferodo MZ41 complete with rivets. They cannot be any worse than the "modern" bonded linings I have a present where dragging my feet on the ground is more effective than the front brake!

jim burgess

VOC Member
My Oz Rapide has one Red and one Green (Ferodo) brake shoe on each front brake plate. If the brakes on this bike were standard issue strength I would assume this was a case of someone cleaning out the parts bin, however the brakes are freakishly powerful, so I doubt that the choice of shoes is unplanned. By powerful I mean the front wheel can be locked at 50 mph with two fingers on the lever. It is going to be time to replace them someday soon and it would be niceto maintain that level of performance. Does anyone recognize this red brake lining material?
Now that is what I call one cool workshop!
Jim Burgess
Jim Burgess