Misc: Stands Rear Stand Removed

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A Vin adaptation might be good on the right side with a stud shank through the rear stand lug and a saddle under the rfm tube 8 inches forward. The base on the ground would be wider than the Tirox, but a way of keeping it from rotating is needed. The muffler is in the way of an easy solution. Pulling a standard Vin rear wheel requires stability!

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Marcus Bowden keeps threatening to develop small hydraulic rams into the centre stand legs, 1- you would be able to level the bike when on uneven ground, 2- you would be able raise the bike to get the back wheel out, but the big question is, when will he do it?

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I think the solution that Marcus suggests is slightly more practical, also more innovative.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think the trials boys carry something like Vibrac's,
Just a bit of 1/2" rod with a right angle end,
I do it poking it in the big hole in the end of the rear frame,
lock the front brake lever with something,
Put it on the side stand , NOT !!!!! the Standard Vincent side stand !!,
And roll the bike over till the rod drops down ,
So you have 3 points of contact.

nigsey

VOC Member
When I bought my Rap 18 months ago without a centre stand I really struggled to use the rear stand, concerned I’d drop the bike or injure myself, so I bought a Hills stand, problem solved. However, I recently removed the Hills stand when I entered the bike into the Scottish m/c show because I wanted the bike to look as standard as possible. So no choice but to use the rear stand and what do you know, I can manage it quite easily and I’m a 68 year old lightweight and only 5’6” tall. I think it’s a question of practice, balance and confidence. Oh, and I think the bike looks better parked on the rear stand. Nigel Davis.