FT: Frame (Twin) Rear Mudguard

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The previous owner of my Rapide did not drill for and install the bolt on the centerline, as shown on the attachment. The blades are stainless steel and it has been OK since 1980. I had the front part off to get some dents knocked out and saw from M037 that the bolt should be there. I am tempted to leave it out; any advice?
Rear Blade.png

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The previous owner of my Rapide did not drill for and install the bolt on the centerline, as shown on the attachment. The blades are stainless steel and it has been OK since 1980. I had the front part off to get some dents knocked out and saw from M037 that the bolt should be there. I am tempted to leave it out; any advice?
View attachment 21190
I think I read somewhere that the early"B's" did not have the F22/4 stays fitted. If that is correct then perhaps they thought the Birmabright guards needed a bit of extra support. I would have thought that stainless steel guards were probably strong enough to do without.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Add it, for the extra support of the reinforcement strip, but also for that concours look.

IMG_2012.JPG

Albervin

VOC Member
On alloy guards I attach the reinforcing strip with Sikaflex and the hex screws. On s/s guards just the hex screws are enough.

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
I thought the reinforcing strip was only needed for the Alloy Mudguards, although one would be unoriginal without the strip, so would one be with the S/S Mudguards. Yes?