F: Frame Rear Brake Light Parts

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
The rear brake light switch on my C Rapide has come loose and I need the lower securing bolt and brake rod spring.
Can’t seem to find them in the parts list but probably have a bolt around somewhere. Does the spring have a part number?
Any help appreciated.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
"Bolt" is no. 832. which is 2BA x 1/4" round head screw and spring washer going into the head of FT203. which is a 3/8" BSF x 5/8" hex. setscrew tapped 2BA in the head. Drawings M036 and M037 refer.

danno

Non-VOC Member
"Bolt" is no. 832. which is 2BA x 1/4" round head screw and spring washer going into the head of FT203. which is a 3/8" BSF x 5/8" hex. setscrew tapped 2BA in the head. Drawings M036 and M037 refer.

Thanks for the part numbers. The upper 2BA bolt doesn’t seem to have a lot of
thread available through spacer for the small nut.
May need to start using some thread lock to avoid gradual loosening.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
The upper 2BA setscrew is 5/8" round head. You can cheat by getting a self-locking 2BA nut from a model engineer supplies store. If things loosen there is usually a reason for it. My advice is cure the disease, not the symptom. Start with the rear stand and get each side snug onto the Thackeray washers such that they can be pushed down but don't fall. then do up the locknuts. The reason to start here is that it is furthest from the engine room and therefore likely to vibrate with the greatest amplitude; then check that the number plate PR27 is snug and has no cracks. It is a mistake to hang heavy extra bits off this, if you fit blinkers, make them small ones. Then check the mudguard reinforcement strips and stays. If everything here is O.K. go back to your flywheels and main bearings and work upwards and outwards from there. Cheers!

vibrac

VOC Member
.This about a small as you can get but very bright LED
But there is a minimum distance now in MOT for winker spacing.....

danno

Non-VOC Member

I’ve received the 832 bolt in the post but it’s way too short. I’m assuming that’s FT203 I have in the pic.
It’s the mudguard stay bolt. I’m not even sure there’s a thread in it.

Attachments

• 5DB4C213-D73D-4328-B9AD-F6D6A542E95A.jpeg
    5DB4C213-D73D-4328-B9AD-F6D6A542E95A.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
It does look a bit rough, and I can't see the 2BA thread either, though it could just be the camera angle. Check the FT203 thread, it should be 20t.p.i., or if you haven't got a thread gauge compare it with the standard bolt on t'other side of the machine before screwing it in anywhere. The little 2BA screw looks the right length.