Where Are You Now? Rapide History

Mark Hamilton

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello,

This post is directed to my fellow Aussies.

I am wondering if anyone has any history of my ‘48 B Rapide.

My bike is a standard series B Rapide despatched to a dealer called Elder-Smith in Melbourne, Australia on the 23/04/1948 24/3/1948.

I purchased the bike from Mr Ian Brock of Canberra in 2006. Prior Ian somewhere along the lines a Mr Edgar Phipps (spelling unsure)

No dates or any other owners unknown.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane998

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello,

This post is directed to my fellow Aussies.

I am wondering if anyone has any history of my ‘48 B Rapide.

My bike is a standard series B Rapide despatched to a dealer called Elder-Smith in Melbourne, Australia on the 23/04/1948.

I purchased the bike from Mr Ian Brock of Canberra in 2006. Prior Ian somewhere along the lines a Mr Edgar Phipps (spelling unsure)

No dates or any other owners unknown.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you Mark
Looking at Brian Greenfield’s. book I can see no bikes listed into melb on23/04/1948 There were however 4 listed on 28/4/1948 maybe that was the date ? 3 were under 400 and 1 just under 600. I do know someone who has details of many Vincents which were owned by Victorian friends etc over the years

Mark Hamilton

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Looking at Brian Greenfield’s. book I can see no bikes listed into melb on23/04/1948 There were however 4 listed on 28/4/1948 maybe that was the date ? 3 were under 400 and 1 just under 600. I do know someone who has details of many Vincents which were owned by Victorian friends etc over the years
Hello Shane,
Dispatched to not arrived. This date is from the build sheet.
Any info greatly appreciated.
If you PM me I can send eng/frame number.
Thank you