FF: Forks Raised Handle bar

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Cow-horn handlebars on a Vincent, is nothing sacrosanct.

I couldn't find the part number for these bars:

Ape Hangers.jpg

David

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
The bar on the above "my" bike (post#15) has a
width of 17,5 " 700mm
endrise of 2,75" 70 mm
center width (within the start of the bending) 6" 150mm
and a Pullback of 3" 75mm.
the straigt on the end is 8" 200mm

is it a norton one?
as its wonderfull to ride, i like to buy some more, who does recoginize it?

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Take a look at the photo, the ex pipes go so far up in the air, you could use the pipes as a replacement clothesline holder.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I see now said the blind man, it's just that these guys can't find an under arm deodorant strong enough to keep the BO smell at bay so ride with high bars to keep the area aired.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
On a more serious note. Does anyone really think or believe that, that riding position affords anything approaching control of the motorcycle? I once bought a Yamaha XS750 triple with the intent of repairing and selling on. It came with what I believe were the standard bars which put the grips about the middle of my chest, I'm 5'6" tall, I had a hell of time moving that bike around the garage with the bars that high. After repairing it I took it for a ride, sitting on the bike the grips were just below the height of my shoulders. I did not feel confident riding it like that. The guy I bought it off of was a good foot or more taller than me. I know he didn't have any trouble moving the bike around. But I can't for the life of me see how anyone, regardless of how tall they are, can control a bike properly with bars like those in post # 21. Hell I can't fathom how anyone could even for one moment consider them comfortable.
Steven