25th June 2023.

Book your place online at festival website: prescottbikefestival.co.uk

VOC Information: Tim Kingham
E-mail: racing499@voc.uk.com

imageresizer.jpeg

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Those of you who look at the club calendar will notice there is an entry for June 25th
Last year Ben on the Goodwood racer and I on my Grey Flash attended a charity hill climb at Prescott I think I said in my Racing Section in MPH how disappointing it was to be the only Vincents there in the midst of every classic motorcycle (road and race) you could think of. all riding the hill at their own pace (its not timed) .
Here is Bens on Board video but dont think everything went up was a racer there were all sorts of classic and vintage machines
I have managed to arrange a stand (tent and reserved area) for the club. Here is the Notice that will go in the January MPH but if you want to enter the booking is open first come first served.
===================================================================================================================
VOC AT THE PRESCOTT HILL CLIMB

The VOC have been invited as a favoured club to attend the famous Prescott hill climb on June 25th

this is chance to display your machine and optionally to also run your Vincent on the famous Prescott hill. There is a paddock area (stand) reserved for the members bikes to be displayed next to the VOC display tent. The event is not timed so you can ride the hill at your own pace. The event is held in a wonderful setting in the Gloucestershire countryside in its own parkland setting and the event raises money for the Blood Bike charities and is organised by the regional group, Severn Freewheelers.

If entered to run the hill you can go for the whole weekend and on Saturday night there is a bar and food available. It is not a general campsite but is reserved for entrants only and their ‘pillion’

Entry to this charity based event is via the web site https://www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk

Full details of prices are shown on https://www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk/book-tickets

BUT note the following:Run the Hill Booking – for those who are displaying on the club stand

All should book as Sunday entries, even if you’re coming for the weekend as the organisers have kindly waived the Weekend pricing for us. Please add Weekend after VOC (in the club box) when you book if you’re actually coming for the weekend. Or just VOC if you’re only coming on Sunday.

Individual attending not riding £15 use the advance ticket option not the Run The Hill option (no camping)

Tim Racing Section Organiser

vibrac

VOC Member
Its really not that steep a standard sprocket would give lots of enjoyment. There is plenty of time to walk the course and plot your path its set in a very nice parkland. Angela paid £15 to sit in a big Jap Morgan 3 wheeler as a passenger told the driver she was used to speed and not to hold back, She had a great run up the hill

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
My Son Jamie went up Kop Hill in the chair of the Fast Lady, courtesy of Eddie Wallbank, Jamie said it was great fun, apparently Eddie was not hanging around, I went up as passenger in a hundred year old Hudson, unfortunately that got permanently stuck in 2nd gear, but yes, hill climbs are great fun.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Those of you who look at the club calendar will notice there is an entry for June 25th
Last year Ben on the Goodwood racer and I on my Grey Flash attended a charity hill climb at Prescott I think I said in my Racing Section in MPH how disappointing it was to be the only Vincents there in the midst of every classic motorcycle (road and race) you could think of. all riding the hill at their own pace (its not timed) .
Here is Bens on Board video but dont think everything went up was a racer there were all sorts of classic and vintage machines
I have managed to arrange a stand (tent and reserved area) for the club. Here is the Notice that will go in the January MPH but if you want to enter the booking is open first come first served.
===================================================================================================================
VOC AT THE PRESCOTT HILL CLIMB

The VOC have been invited as a favoured club to attend the famous Prescott hill climb on June 25th

this is chance to display your machine and optionally to also run your Vincent on the famous Prescott hill. There is a paddock area (stand) reserved for the members bikes to be displayed next to the VOC display tent. The event is not timed so you can ride the hill at your own pace. The event is held in a wonderful setting in the Gloucestershire countryside in its own parkland setting and the event raises money for the Blood Bike charities and is organised by the regional group, Severn Freewheelers.

If entered to run the hill you can go for the whole weekend and on Saturday night there is a bar and food available. It is not a general campsite but is reserved for entrants only and their ‘pillion’

Entry to this charity based event is via the web site https://www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk

Full details of prices are shown on https://www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk/book-tickets

BUT note the following:Run the Hill Booking – for those who are displaying on the club stand

All should book as Sunday entries, even if you’re coming for the weekend as the organisers have kindly waived the Weekend pricing for us. Please add Weekend after VOC (in the club box) when you book if you’re actually coming for the weekend. Or just VOC if you’re only coming on Sunday.

Individual attending not riding £15 use the advance ticket option not the Run The Hill option (no camping)

Tim Racing Section Organiser
Tim,
that looks a great weekend. I wished I'd known earlier as I've just committed to another event. However, I've circulated it to East Midlands Section members to see if anyone is interested.
Regards
Jon

royrobertson

VOC Member
Hi Tim, just tried to book and got an error message. Must have missed something as I am a computer dunce but will try again tomorrow.
roy the racer

vibrac

VOC Member
My entry was £57 thats the fee for a ride the hill on Sunday my £3 one day licence and £15 for one 'pillion' that covers me for both days ( if I have added VOC after my name) also it allows me to stay over night camping/caravan in the park but I will go to Tewkesbury overnight as its just down the road

royrobertson

VOC Member
Thanks Tim, From your information above I got it sorted. Now all I have to do is book somewhere for Saturday night for the two of us and the bike (assuming we can't leave it at the Hillclimb)
Cheers
roy the racer