E: Engine Prep For First Start After New Crankshaft

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
What happened first, the change from the round Miller stoplight switch, or adding the extra rear mudguard stay?

highbury731

VOC Member
I am more concerned about the bicycle headlamp alongside the 8" Miller. Is this a Miller bicycle headlamp, and are you going to overload that precious Miller dynamo?

timetraveller

VOC Member
I'm more interested in the two coil over dampers on the rear suspension. I have a member, moving from South Africa to Portugal, who has ordered and paid for a whole front end kit but does not want to use the AVO coil over rear damper. The current idea is to use something like your bike and I have sourced several easily available off the shelf items but I worry about the rear end being over damped. with two dampers, and possibly over sprung. I would be very interested to learn how your system performs.

highbury731

VOC Member
Just a wee joke. As it happens, I have a functional Miller motorcycle dynamo, but will use an Alton - but also some Miller bicycle lighting. Their bottle dynamos were a massive 3.6W, more than the standard 3W systems of other makers. True power.....

craig

VOC Member
Rear shocks were made by Works Performance maybe 10 or so years back, maybe others did as well?
I ordered 3 sets of two and have run them a few thousand miles with my own choice of Ohlins springs 00180-52/22
They work well for me. The owner of WP has past and I have no ability to follow up.
I wanted the "dual" system to allow for no mods.
I would think that Ohlins can design a similar, if not better set, but dont have time to pursue.

20230225_115432.jpg20230225_113234.jpg

Last edited:

craig

VOC Member
My lighting is a hodge podge of lights to suit me.
I have added bicycle running lights with LED inserts.
I charge a Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 with an Alton.

20230225_114135.jpg20230225_113847.jpg20230225_MillerTailLED.jpg

Last edited: