Photos in Photos section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
That is probably correct. Assuming the logo is (say) 120 pixels then it will appear as a dot on a 5MP photo but almost fill the frame of a low res photo.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Howard, could you see what the size of the files that John E. sent you are?

Pretty funny, riding 60+ year old bikes and conferring between the UK, US, and Australia over photos of some mod we are merely curious about!

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member

Pretty funny, riding 60+ year old bikes and conferring between the UK, US, and Australia over photos of some mod we are merely curious about!

I think it is brilliant because without it I would still be sitting here with a VERY expensive door stop...:)

Kevin

Howard

VOC Member

Hi Bruce,

I'll check when I get home tonight, but I think they'd been reduced to about 55k, I know it seemed to be a very small file.

Yes, for old folks who remember the era of the high tech telex machine and before, it's a bit much complaining about the size of photos we can beam round the world in seconds. :) funny how quickly we get used to new technology, but we stick with 1950s motorcycles.

H

Howard

VOC Member
That is probably correct. Assuming the logo is (say) 120 pixels then it will appear as a dot on a 5MP photo but almost fill the frame of a low res photo.

Sorry Alyn, I've only just seen this. That makes perfect sense. Taking out all other variables and just looking at my posted photos, the logo is much smaller, and I've had problems in the past when I tried to post files that were too big. Click the arrow to the right of the photos I posted for John, there's a photo of my Egli that I'm fairly sure I had to crop to get it accepted - Logo is much less obtrusive.

H

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member

Thats because computers have improved comunications but screwed up vehicles thank heavens I can still get low mileage pre 2000 cars and bikes

timetraveller

VOC Member
Yesterday I made a posting here telling people how to view pictures, or even print them, if they are attached to postings, as opposed to being in the photo section. I know that the posting was received as I got four thanks for the posting, at least one of them from a Forum Moderator . However, the posting has disapeared. Perhaps there was something wrong with it or perhaps it broke Forum rules. Before I stamp my feet and throw my toys out of my cot would someone let me know what happened.

Howard

VOC Member
Yesterday I made a posting here telling people how to view pictures, or even print them, if they are attached to postings, as opposed to being in the photo section. I know that the posting was received as I got four thanks for the posting, at least one of them from a Forum Moderator . However, the posting has disapeared. Perhaps there was something wrong with it or perhaps it broke Forum rules. Before I stamp my feet and throw my toys out of my cot would someone let me know what happened.

TT - I couldn't read it, there was a big VOC logo across it. :)

H

Status
Not open for further replies.