Photo Help Photo 0281 - Do You Recognise Someone or Something?

G

Graham Smith

If you recognise someone or something in this photograph, please comment below…

img-230228092420-0003 2.jpg

delboy

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Rab. What a character.
Used to 'phone Andy Everett for a chat from the 'phone box outside his house!
Andy said, Rab's [Glaswigian?] accent was so strong, very often Andy would just intersperse the conversation with random "yes/no", not knowing exactly what Rab had said!
I can remember a crazy late night in a beer tent at a rally; late 70's. The bar people had gone home. Someone had re-connected the beer barrel and Rab' was playing [tunes?] on his bagpipes.
Who needs hard drugs?

Debbie Kemp

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
He certainly was a character! When the AGM & Dinners were at Markyate my Dad would pick him up from Luton airport and he’d stay with us either side of the event. I could never understand a blooming word he said! I remember him mistaking the hotel lift for a toilet cubicle once…… the things we do after a “wee dram”. :) At the end of the day he was a real club man and very patriotic, always wore his kilt and full Scottish regalia to the Annual Dinners.

RonandLinda

VOC Membership Secretary
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
I remember Rab coming down to the West London section when Alan Lancaster had the Emperor of India pub in Farnham Royal.
Towards the end of the evening Rab was encouraged to give us a tune on the bagpipes, it didn't go too well due to the low ceilings in the old pub making it difficult for Rab to stand up with the pipes, plus as Debbie described as a ' wee dram ' too many ! He certainly was an interesting and amusing person to spend some time with. Memories, what would we do without them. Ron.