Photo Help Photo 0204 - Do You Recognise Someone or Something?

G

Graham Smith

If you recognise someone or something in this photograph, please comment below…

img-221227155559-0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Graham Smith

Caption reads “The Hon R.A Street MHR (Tony to his friends) presenting Dr Oliver Fuller (Ollie to his friends - also National Rally Co-ordinator) with trophy for Best Sidecar). Phil Irving looking on.

The trophy is a valve and spring mounted on a Perspex column with VIN H.R.D. tank transfer.

Handwriting difficult to read - GS

To find out more about Oliver Fuller, click HERE.

(Caption corrected thanks to comments below.)

IRBrock

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Caption reads “The Hon R.A Scrot MHR (Tony to his friends) presenting Dr Oliver Fuller (Ollie to his friends - also National Rally Co-ordinator) with trophy for Best Sidecar). Phil Irving looking on.

The trophy is a valve and spring mounted on a Perspex column with VIN H.R.D. tank transfer.

Handwriting difficult to read - GS

To find out more about Oliver Fuller, click HERE.
This photograph taken at one of the legs of the Australian International Rally in the '80s. The politician's name, Tony Street, chosen to present awards due to him being a keen motorcyclist in his youth (a racer, I believe). The trophies were crafted by Bob McLennan (may have misspelled his name) and were a credit to him. The trophy he made in the form of a pair of miniature girdraulics were (where are they now?) a masterpiece. Ian.

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Rally was at the Bypass Motel, Beaconsfield, October 14th.? to 16th. 1983. Wes Brown's band also played the dance music! You're right about the trophies, Ian. I believe the original Victoria Section has the miniature Girdraulics safe again, but I could be wrong. I was lucky enough to ride Bob McLennan's standard Comet back from Winton some little time later; it was like riding a turbine- truly "The Vibrationless Single."