Photo Help Photo 0094 - Do You Recognise Someone or Something?

G

Graham Smith

If you recognise someone or something in this photograph, please comment below…

img-220825114045-0001-2.png

G

Graham Smith

Caption reads “The motley crew who assisted with the VOC stand at the BMF Woburn Rally. Front row: John Webber, Marie Webber and Pete Neasmith (in striped pyjamas?). Back row: @Len Matthews Len Matthews, Bill Hancock and Angela Matthews. The Hon Social Secretary is holding the tankard which the stand won for the second best display - a fine effort."

To find out more about John Webber, click HERE.
To find out more about Marie Webber, click HERE.
To find out more about Angela Matthews, click HERE.

Brian Thompson

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you Graham for adding those links. I’m new to the club, sort of and I see the names but don’t necessarily know who those people are. I look at all these photos hoping Terry Prince might be in one. He’s the only Vincent person I’ve spent time with.
Cheers
Brian

G

Graham Smith

Thank you Graham for adding those links. I’m new to the club, sort of and I see the names but don’t necessarily know who those people are. I look at all these photos hoping Terry Prince might be in one. He’s the only Vincent person I’ve spent time with.
Cheers
Brian
@Brian Thompson I've certainly got a 'reasonably' modern one of Terry that I'm hoping to post on the homepage in the next few days, so keep your eye out for that.

Regards these old photos - there's tons of them there, so tonight I'll have a quick flick through them to see if I can find an old one of Terry to publish next week.

Sue Stolze-Beland

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Caption reads “The motley crew who assisted with the VOC stand at the BMF Woburn Rally. Front row: John Webber, Marie Webber and Pete Neasmith (in striped pyjamas?). Back row: @Len Matthews Len Matthews, Bill Hancock and Angela Matthews. The Hon Social Secretary is holding the tankard which the stand won for the second best display - a fine effort."

To find out more about John Webber, click HERE.
To find out more about Marie Webber, click HERE.
To find out more about Angela Matthews, click HERE.
Just how I remember them all from the 70's and 80's..... Gerrit and I were invited to John and Marie's 25th? wedding anniversary and I remember she told me proudly how she had been saving up all the individual packets of sugar and coffee creamers which she put onto each table with the added information of how much money she had saved by not having to purchase the same in a store!!! Frugal? Yes maybe, but it made me laugh and I started my own 'pot' of sugar packs taken from various cafe's around the world.
Len and Angela invited us to visit a special steam event somewhere in Holland (I think it was Utrecht) back when our girls were young. I've just found a photo of Angela on this website and done a reality check inasmuch as I am also obviously no longer a spring chicken (was I ever?) It seems almost unreal to see so many familiar faces from my past now sporting white hair - but then I look in a mirror from time to time and see that I too have a halo of white around darker hair 'on top'.
Gerrit is coming up for his 84th birthday next month and although a little bent, still stands upright and his only medication is a Vitamine D tablet - I take enough to keep an army medicated (angina pectoris resulting in 3 heart attacks since 2008 and a 5 bypass (2018) which also became blocked earlier this year so was basically a waste of time and an operation!!)
Our family have some fond and often funny memories of 2 decennia of VOC rallies and people. How many homes were open for us to just drop in or find a bed - Marie and John opened their home to me on the spur of a moment when my mum was rushed into Billericay hospital for a skin cancer operation many years ago and I needed somewhere local to 'crash'. Marie was sometimes a force to be reckoned with and we came to mental blows on a few occasions (I have never taken prisoners and don't suffer fools gladly) but we remained amicable for years. I suppose we were the women behind the men??
I was introduced to all these folk when I dated Mike Spreadbury for a short period - one of a string of female companions I later discovered. But I loved the social aspect of the Vincent rallies and dear Bbbbbbob Butler would often take the time and effort to ride down from Wolverhampton to East London to collect me for a Pennine Rally or New Forest Rally or North Wales Rally. It was during an International Rally that Alan Lancaster decided to couple me with Gerrit in 1978 and the rest, as they say, is history. Am I the only one who remembers how the chimney of the pub got blocked and filled the room with smoke whilst Bob was telling tall stories? I asked him once why he always found a curb to park his C - his answer was that his legs were too short to hit the ground when seated on his bike and he needed the height of the curb to stop him toppling over!
40 odd years seem to have flown past.......