Painted rims

Matty

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi All

My 1952 Comet, bought by me in 1956, then had all black rims with red stripes - they are now chrome with a black centre with red stripes down each side - because it looks prettier and can easily be made correct if it worries a new owner as non-original. The handle-bars were also black and the control levers (long worn out) cast brass and plated. Spokes were (and still are) probably cadimum or zinc plated but could be made smarter if changed to stainless.

I had the footrest hangers, front spring tubes and kickstart chrome plated many years ago because the cad. plating wore off with use and they started to go a bit rusty - otherwise its pretty standard at 80,000 miles - not much for its age.

Wish I was in as good original condition and performed as well after the same time!!!

Matty

Matty

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for bringing this up again Matty :(. I was just begining to calm down after being gazumped this week on a Comet I thought I had first refusal on.

Still looking for a Comet project if there's one out there - anything from basket case to scruffy runner.

H