Once in a lifetime Vincent find.

Whiteshadow15

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I would say prices have softened quite allot. Its a great time to be a genuine rider and Vincent enthusiast. So many bikes have come to market this last year.

It would seem to me that Bohams has had a fare amount of poor luck trying to sell Vincents of late. Mecums did much better a las vegas this past year.

My offer still stands to by privately from you both at fair prices.

Auction was today, we did overall about what we expected. Still a ton of parts left over, we can chat if your interested.

I felt bad for the other Vincent owner. an amazing original condition series C shadow went for 47k

A concourse series C bid up to 80 with no sale.

Albervin

VOC Member
Why would you allow a Shadow to sell so cheaply? There were some real bargains at the auction but the 5" speedo wasn't one of them.

davidd

VOC Member
Why would you allow a Shadow to sell so cheaply? There were some real bargains at the auction but the 5" speedo wasn't one of them.
Whoever the owner was probably needed the money.

David

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
There were some interesting results at the auction, and whilst some bikes went cheap I thought the ancillaries were pretty expensive, at a shade under £3K for two KVFTT mags of unknown condition, that has to be somewhat of a gamble, and unless you have a genuine Lightning without one there must by now be better alternatives. The boxed 5 inch speedo reads like it is a genuine Smiths Speedo, but the attached information suggests otherwise, by 1980 Smiths were no longer producing these speedos, Auto Tempo Instruments was owned by a chap named Joe Shaw, he had a business not dissimilar to the current crop of speedo repair businesses, one of which is always at Kempton Park, David and Phillip Woods, at a shade under £3k for a possible replica speedometer, even if it was the case that Joe Shaw had enough original parts to build it just seems pricey to me, originals with the small drive gearbox used to pop up on eBay for around £1k, sometimes cheaper, I thinks Woods would service the whole thing for a reasonable price.

Last edited: