Norvin. does anybody know if unity equipe is still in business?

Normski

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This full page ad is from the current Nov 2020
EC81C5A2-E543-4D1C-826A-D7C2DF66044D.jpeg
Old Bike Mart although the catalogue shown is 2015

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
I'm looking for a set of engine plates for my Norvin Currently it's possibly the world's most horrible norvin but I aim to change this! I've tried calling Unity several times but no-one answers, have they closed? Does anybody know of an alternative source? I'm in the USA but I don't mind where they come from...they just have to be good! I could copy the ones that are on the bike now, but they are so poorly made that I don't think they are a good starting point. BTW it's a slimline frame.
thanks in advance.
mark
there is an an advert for the business in this month's Classic Bike . It is for sale get in quick

Chris Standen

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Mark,
I think I have the most horrible Norvin that I am trying to change. Whoever put it together had no idea!
I have made my own plates, Time consuming but they fit well.I have made two top mounts that allow for movement up and down and side to side so I can align the gearbox to engine. The engine has been chopped and it's got a Norton gearbox. I've just bought a Bob Newby belt drive, so won't have to make an oil tight chain case. Can anyone tell me the thread on the drive side crankshaft as I have to make a new nut to secure the pulley.
Chris Standen new member.

karl johnson

VOC Member
it was in a publication..maybe obm.. i found out.. ime sure bantam john (sheffeild british motorcycles) did buy unity equip

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hi Mark,
I think I have the most horrible Norvin that I am trying to change. Whoever put it together had no idea!
I have made my own plates, Time consuming but they fit well.I have made two top mounts that allow for movement up and down and side to side so I can align the gearbox to engine. The engine has been chopped and it's got a Norton gearbox. I've just bought a Bob Newby belt drive, so won't have to make an oil tight chain case. Can anyone tell me the thread on the drive side crankshaft as I have to make a new nut to secure the pulley.
Chris Standen new member.
Hello Chris, In , Know Thy Beast, It's 3/4" 20 TPI 55degrees thread angle, ?.
There have been some Mistakes in the books , So take care.
It says it's the same for Half Time Pinion Nut and also Hollow axle nuts on the wheels.
Good luck, Bill.