F: Frame New Seat

chark_mandler

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I’m on a deadline to finish my C Comet restoration by the end of the month and it needs a seat as the old one was given away some years ago. The club spares don’t have all the required metal parts to complete a seat.

Can anyone suggest where I could get the parts in the UK?

As an alternative I could buy one already made which would save me time. The only company I can find advertising one is Classic Bike Parts Cheshire. Does anyone have knowledge of the quality of these seats or alternative suppliers.

Thanks, Mark.

lee_812d

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There is the vincent black shadow website (Andy Davenport), that has some of the parts. That one (the only one?) on Classic Bike Parts looks well made from the photos but I have no experience. The price does not seem bad considering there is quite a lot of effort to build one yourself depending on what parts you have already.

chark_mandler

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for that. Andy Davenport has all the parts on the website apart from the loop tube. The link is really helpful as well - searched but didn't come up with it. Thanks.

Speedtwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I used a seat from classic bike parts great job proper seat made by Leightons who have been making seats for 100 years.
Very very good all built with the correct parts.
RK Leighton sell the seats direct also.
They are in Brum.
Al