New Forum Category

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graham Smith

Have just created a new forum category that some might find useful:

These are the options I've thought of. If anyone can think of anything I've missed off, please do shout.

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 13.44.44.png

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Appreciate it Graham but I can never understand why we have so few items for sale on the forum, or am I looking in the wrong place ?
Kerry.

Albervin

VOC Member
Graham, I strongly believe that second hand helmets should not be available. In some countries it is illegal. I would like to humbly suggest you remove helmets from the list unless they are marked "For Display purposes only"!

G

Graham Smith

Graham, I strongly believe that second hand helmets should not be available. In some countries it is illegal. I would like to humbly suggest you remove helmets from the list unless they are marked "For Display purposes only"!
I think you misunderstand - this isn’t a place to sell such stuff, it’s a place to discuss things such as helmets, sat-navs and intercoms etc.

I’ve found some existing threads and already moved them into the new category.

kerry

VOC Member
No not misunderstood, just making my point that I don't understand why we have so FEW items for sale on the forum, maybe everyone prefers eBay ?

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Kerry, maybe there are so few items for sale because once many of us have parts we are very reluctant to let stuff go, personally I've spent over 40 years collecting things and actually only parted with bits to help others out when they're stuck. I admit it's time for me to have a clear out but I don't have much Vincent stuff anyway.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Speaking as someone who has never sold one solitary item on eBay, but have purchased plenty, I think the clear differences are whether you are happy to achieve your asking price on the Forum or in MPH, or whether you want to sell on an auction site that displays to a worldwide audience, and potentialy sell for the maximum attainable price, albeit with the calculable charges involved. The problem then arises if I sell say a genuine Miller rear stop light for a fixed price of say £100.00. and then the purchaser immediately posts it on eBay and achieves say £700.00, you might feel slightly aggrieved, especially as that £600.00 that you missed out on could possibly have gone towards one months energy bill!
So there is your dilemma, do you feel philanthropic today, or could you do with the possibility of a few more pounds or dollars in your bank account.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
I think exchange would work better after all a proper Vincent owner only needs money for one thing :D
so an exchange cuts out the waste cycle of :
sell Vin parts:( - get money:confused:- buy vincent parts:)

kerry

VOC Member
So it seems we are all maybe a bit like hoarders then, makes sense I guess, Vibrac is probably right in that we could perhaps use more for swops, I do agree though that eBay is world wide would get a better price as Peter said.

Status
Not open for further replies.