My Dad's Vincent..is it still around I wonder?

DADS VINCENT

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello there

I am posting here to see if anyone knows the whereabout of my late fathers Vincent Comet reg Number ETL 701

My dad had several Vincent bikes as well as others such as Velocette's, Triumph Tiger which he and my mum went all over Europe after the war, my Dad was from Sheffield and I have photo albums of him and the clan going out riding with Vincent's, etc etc , a real mixture of wonderful machinery, I would be so grateful if anyone knows of this bike and its whereabouts, his name was Joe Goddard and he was a real classic bike nut,

I do hope someone can help, many thanks for reading this

Shaun

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Shaun

Yes ETL 701 has survived and is owned by a VOC member.
Send me an email with your name and I will then forward to the owner your name and email address and then hopefully they will contact you direct.
Also for the database, please include your fathers name and when he owned the bike so I can fill in a hole in the ownership of it.

Simon Dinsdale
VOC Machine Registrar
registrar998@voc.uk.com

DADS VINCENT

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Simon
many thanks for this, its great to hear that the bike is still around and hopefully, loved and cared for. My father was Joe Goddard from Sheffield and as far as I can see Simon, the photos I have are from 1950 so I am sure that Dad bought it from new, where from, I have no idea, ...I will dig out more photos if possible to see how long he kept the bike or when another bike shows up in a photo..

My name is Shaun Goddard and my e-mail is as follows
mr_goddard@hotmail.com

Once again Simon, many thanks for this, it means a lot to me

regards

Shaun

DADS VINCENT

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Jim

many thanks for getting in touch regarding Dads bike, its wonderful to know that it is still going strong, as I mentioned to Simon, Joe, my dad, bought it from new and spent many happy times with my Mum travelling around Europe on the bike as well as the Sunday blasts out from Sheffield with mates and other relatives with there bikes.
Please feel free to email further details if you will, Do you have any photos of the Bike Jim, I will scan the ones I have if you like and send them to you

regards

Shaun