MK 5 cam?

RedRyder

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Anyone besides me ever seen a front cam for a twin that is marked 5? I have asked this before, got a few jokes or comments that the stamper thought he was stamping a 3, but this cam's profile does look a bit different from a MK 3. Sort of between a MK 2 and a MK 1. Were these available at one time? If not, I reckon I've either got something somebody came up with on their own or possibly these types of cams were used on marques other than Vincent? The cam is pressed into a stock Vincent-style cam wheel.

Anyone got some good info on this?

Thanks,

Bev Bowen

clevtrev

VOC Member
Anyone besides me ever seen a front cam for a twin that is marked 5? I have asked this before, got a few jokes or comments that the stamper thought he was stamping a 3, but this cam's profile does look a bit different from a MK 3. Sort of between a MK 2 and a MK 1. Were these available at one time? If not, I reckon I've either got something somebody came up with on their own or possibly these types of cams were used on marques other than Vincent? The cam is pressed into a stock Vincent-style cam wheel.

Anyone got some good info on this?

Thanks,

Bev Bowen

I think I already told you, It`s `S` for Scrap !

davidd

VOC Member
Bev,

Unfortunately like many things mechanical, I think you must put it in an engine and take the measurements. Even if you knew what "5" meant in theory, the only good information is the information you write down.

Best of luck,

David

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
Tery Prince makes a Mk 5 cam. I have purchased a set for my hot rod build. They are a step blow his Mk 4 all out race cams.

Graham