Miller switches on the handlebar

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Most post war bikes were fitted with a bakelite dipswitch (with lighthouse pattern on top) and separate horn button. In Australia the bakelite perished under the sun very quickly and was replaced with either all metal or metal/plastic units. Handlebars were painted black which makes getting a good earth on switches difficult (one reason for poor horn and light function).

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
The dipswitch has dedicated wires for all electrical connections, no connection to the handlebar is required.

Sloper

Forum User
VOC Member
...is this the right pattern for a dipswitch? (Rap B, 48) - seller says yes, but I have seen other ones on most of the bikes.... - is there somebody around, able to get a picture of a dipswitch, which is supposed to be correct?

Thanks, Sloper

!B+VppQwBGk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEzLTp,wtzBM+UnOQ1tQ~~_12.jpg

Albervin

VOC Member
That is a clear hooter switch (I think). Same as the one on my 1938 New Imperial. Definitely NOT fitted to a post war Vincent!! Too late to organise a photo but the dip switch is black bakelite with a lighthouse on the top face.

wld50

Non-VOC Member
Replica Miller switch

DIPBUTTO.jpg

Here's one I bought a couple of years ago.
And have never used for reasons of utility.

wld

Attachments

• IMGP8431.jpg
    IMGP8431.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMGP8434.jpg
    IMGP8434.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Deroberson

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can anyone comment on the correctness of this switch, it was in the pile with my C basket. The switch has Hella on the back, I believe and is mounted on this fabricated bracket of course. It looks period correct to me but not entirely correct, comments?

Dave

Attachments

• DSC_0300.jpg
    DSC_0300.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited: