Where Are You Now? MGU317

G

Graham Smith

image4.jpeg

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would imagine that a bit of effort is required putting it on the front stands, I have only really used mine when an impromptu front puncture needed a roadside repair, and then I used the rear stand also, I think I will stick with my Dave Hills stand.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I'm SO tempted to convert mine to swinging arm/twin shockers to have the luxury of good rear suspension, a fully sprung seat AND a low seat height, I can only seem to achieve two of the three with the standard RFM/mudguard set up, and I'm short, fat and getting stiffer with age.

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
Looks like a Derek Parkin chassis and the front wheel is still on the ground, so perhaps the engine is raised making it easier to use the props.
The Dave Hills stand doesn't help if you want to remove the front wheel... or raise the bike enough to remove the rear.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I'm SO tempted to convert mine to swinging arm/twin shockers to have the luxury of good rear suspension, a fully sprung seat AND a low seat height, I can only seem to achieve two of the three with the standard RFM/mudguard set up, and I'm short, fat and getting stiffer with age.
What about the new AVO coil over,
I think they do short one ?,
I converted my "D" to a "C" with the Coil over,
And can't tell the difference.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
What about the new AVO coil over,
I think they do short one ?,
I converted my "D" to a "C" with the Coil over,
And can't tell the difference.
Hi Bill
I have an AVO coil over fitted (but not the short one, which would only lower the back of the seat by 3/4") but with a fully sprung long seat and allowing for full suspension travel the rear of the seat was 37" high, not very good as I only have a 29" inside leg on a good day. the current solution is a single seat, and I've clipped that bottoming out.

P1010065.JPG