Announcement Mega Server Crash

G

Graham Smith

After a torrid time over the last few days, I'm pleased to report that our forum website is now back up and running.

Unfortunately, the server on which our forum website is hosted, crashed and took down a number of websites (not just ours). Our server host reacted immediately and managed to restore the server on Thursday/Friday, but unfortunately the same thing happened pretty much straight away, and this time it was far more serious.

Once they managed to rebuild the server and get things working again, I gave them permission to restore our site from a back up which was taken on 29th October. Obviously, if you posted anything after this date, then it'll be lost, but we are where we are.

Apologies for the lack of service and for the potential/probable loss of a small amount of content, but we should be good to go now. I'll re-post the missing 'Photo Help' images over the coming hours as I still have the originals.

One thing's for certain - I received telephone calls, Facebook messages, text messages and personal e-mails from a number of members, so it just goes to prove how many people enjoy and rely on our forum website.

Mark Fisher

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I noticed that I was unable to access the forum website for a couple of days but it seems to be working now. The odd thing is, the newest post is from oct 29th… I assume technical issues?

Bogage

VOC Member
1667745230603.jpeg
No riding here today. That's why the forum is so necessary! Cheers Graham, thanks very much.

Paul Coene

VOC Member
One thing's for certain - I received telephone calls, Facebook messages, text messages and personal e-mails from a number of members, so it just goes to prove how many people enjoy and rely on our forum website.
You can be sure that also many did not react (yet) as they didn't want to disturb you as you worked. We eagerly awaited. Thanks !