Looking for a V twin Vincent - henrydog58

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@henrydog58 - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

henrydog58

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can anybody help with info? Have been offered a 51 rapide. From USA. Is there any way I can trace it’s history? Ie when it went to USA ETC. MANY THANKS GAVIN

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Gavin, The VOC spares Company sell bikes for members,
Scroll down to Spares Suppliers, Then the The VOC Spares Company,
Then at the top click on Bike Sales.
Good Luck, Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
If Henry joins the Club then he can contact the machine registrar on here, Get the engine and frame number of the bike from the vendor in the States and then get some details of the origins of the bike. The alternative, but it is risky, is to publish the details of the bike on here and someone over there might well know the present owner and the bike. My understanding, and I am happy to be corrected, is that the Spares Company cannot offer a guarantee on any of their bikes. They can check them over but if the owner has told a pack of lies then who is responsible. The owner is my guess.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
If Henry joins the Club then he can contact the machine registrar on here, Get the engine and frame number of the bike from the vendor in the States and then get some details of the origins of the bike. The alternative, but it is risky, is to publish the details of the bike on here and someone over there might well know the present owner and the bike. My understanding, and I am happy to be corrected, is that the Spares Company cannot offer a guarantee on any of their bikes. They can check them over but if the owner has told a pack of lies then who is responsible. The owner is my guess.
henrydog58 has already reached out and Jon (Machine Researcher) has responded. We do talk to and help non members as it usually leads to buyers joining the club and so is a good recruitment incentive. As for posting details of a bike for sale on here I would not recommend it as it may be a private sale and the seller may object which could lead to problems. Now if the bike is advertised elsewhere say an auction house or the seller has posted the details on a website themselves then that's a different matter as the seller has released the details themselves. Its better to keep such conversations private between buyer, seller and Jon or myself, assuming they ask us.
Simon Dinsdale
VOC Machine Registrar

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
The VOC Spares Co is an 'agent' for the sale it remains a private sale, with all the proviso's that brings.
But they can to do, or arrange to have done, any checks wanted either by the seller before sale or the buyer after the sale at a price (such as a service or re-commission). More than you would get from an auction house and there are NO buyer fees and only a modest sellers fee.