Misc: Electrical (General) LED Bulbs in a Miller No30E

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I want to run original Miller No30E Tail light with brighter LED bulbs.
I have been using using after market Miller tail lights that are already LED, but now I would like the original Miller in place.
I am running 12v neg ground.

I do not want to solder anything to the original Miller tabs.

Original bulbs are BA15.
Anyone successfully using original bulb based LEDs plugged into original Millers?

Maybe use a replacement divider cut down to allow larger dimension bulb and more light?

20230315_Miller30ELED1.jpg

Last edited:

b'knighted

VOC Member
Ebay items 265382710613 or 265217584859 should work ok. I bought something similar a few years ago and they fitted but the top one is fairly obstructed by the stop grill. Ideally the top led should have a higher wattage.
97B4893F-A6EE-4048-96F0-8D31A414FBF5.jpeg
6CC4270D-81D9-4039-87A1-2A73521F42D9.jpeg

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I have these in red in both my Vincents.

eharris

VOC Member
It would certainly
Ebay items 265382710613 or 265217584859 should work ok. I bought something similar a few years ago and they fitted but the top one is fairly obstructed by the stop grill. Ideally the top led should have a higher wattage.
The bottom (tail) light bulb doubles as the licence plate illumination. so that bulb ought to have some white in it to shine down the plate, if you see what I mean.

Have a look at Paul Goffs offerings (he advertises in MPH). http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Used one of Paul Goffs 6v units great job.
Had to run an additional earth lead from the tail light.

DeltaElite

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have one of these Replicas with LED Boards. The LEDs indeed don't seem to like the vibrations and quit working.

Is there any way to retrofit these Replicas with Bulb Sockets? Where can I find spare parts? Or even better: a OEM Miller 30e?

craig

VOC Member
Most all of the replica Miller tail lights are fabricated with the correct bulb sockets.
Available on ebay every day.
Make sure it has the six hole back plate.

!B6K5Lgw!mk~$(KGrHqQOKjwEynq9B!4tBMwdybpsHg~~_12.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
I have a STOP light on my Trials sidecar:rolleyes: I did ask Paul G if he had a LED bulb for the rear (not stop) he said there was not one to fit only the LED board for both