G: Gearbox (Twin) kickstart

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
where can i buy a folding kickstart for the burman gearbox of a post war comet?regards Erik

vibrac

VOC Member
Kickstart PR50-194X
have a look on this forum search 'folding'
I found this thread in a second

Old Bill

Non-VOC Member
Erik, Terry Weedy produces a folding burman ks lever, Uk based so delivery costs/time reduced, Royal Enfield from the electra bullets can be persuaded to fit if the ks shaft is in good order but is not a perfect fit, no doubt others will come forward with alternatives. Old factory photos show the ks shaft around vertical which l have found hinders my heel so l have moved to the 10 o'clock position to give more space when pivoting my foot for gear changes, might help? Just my experience which l hope helps.

druridge

VOC Member
I purchased an old 'none folding' Burman kickstart (good splines) for small money, and another folding (Norton Commando) kickstart with trashed splines for similarly small money. Then welded Burman bottom to Norton top and got it chromed. Works great.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I purchased an old 'none folding' Burman kickstart (good splines) for small money, and another folding (Norton Commando) kickstart with trashed splines for similarly small money. Then welded Burman bottom to Norton top and got it chromed. Works great.
Good idea, Photo please. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Here is my folding kickstart on the 2020 its billed as a Trials one( see the original thread) I cant stand a kick start worrying my leg so keep it tucked away with a spring clip on the foot rest hanger bolt.
NB yes that is a LH footrest hanger on the right makes putting a folding footrest that side a real doddle-( I must trim that foot rest securing bolt:eek:) now I have the new steering stem and its above freezing in the workshop progress can resume
1520588996757.png

erik

VOC Member
mikes Indian parts kickstart Looks great.i have his prolonges propstands fitted ,good Quality.best regards Erik

vibrac

VOC Member
My kickstart was UK sourced from Sammy Miller when he catered for Trial bikes in detail, now he has gone "up country" but I guess someone here knows wher you can get them in UK it may even be on that thread I suggested you searched for)