• New Member Special Offer

Join the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club today, and get a special offer of 14 months for the price of 12 (your membership will expire on 31st December 2020)!

There is a mass of information, including many thousands of technical articles which have been written since the Club started in 1948, which are only available to Members of the Club. Once you join, your membership of this forum will be upgraded and you'll get access to them, as well as many other features.

To join, simply click HERE and follow the simple instructions.

Ron and Linda Thomas - Membership Secretaries.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

John Mockett

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Does anyone who raced in the 50's remember John Mockett?
On another forum I frequent his son has been posting some pic's from the archive.

John is a bit under the weather at the moment, and I can pass on any memories or pic's you may have

In pic 1 he is on bike 103 and appears to have Norton forks fitted

Cheers
Neil

Attachments

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Please send my best to John. I think the forks are from a Douglas.
David Lancaster

Last edited by a moderator:

vibrac

VOC Member
yes they a Raladralic forks Douglas was the only other real contender for a fully sprung motorcycle in the forties having got a sample in the garage I cant believe they even came near Girdraulics or Bramptons in Performance.
If they were from a 90 plus they would have two way damping and a tapered helical spring which may have given a modicum of progressive springing but if off say a MK4 or 5 they would not

Can't Find What You Need?