Non Vincent Related Jay Leno

G

Graham Smith

CarlHungness

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A long time employee said Jay was working on a steam car that had gasoline connected with it in some manner and Jay suffered burns about his face and ear. Although the burns were considered serious Jay was in great spirits and well on his way to full recovery. It sounds as though he experienced some flash burns that caused the damage but while painful they weren't life threatening.
Leno has phoned me three times in the last 30 years. I sent him my Harley Rider
comic book and he called and said, "You're ruined my weekend. I won't be able to tear myself away from this comic." Then I sent him my Harley poster and he expressed gratitude as we spoke of his any my Black Shadows. Finally I sent him my Vincent poster and he called once again with gratitude. He's called thousands of people over the years to show his appreciation. He's a true gear head with a phenomenal collection of wheeled-vehicles.

Bogage

VOC Member
1668644086929.jpeg

My bike is in the foreground, I think that is Derry Naylor's Shadow that Jay and I am standing in front of? I was telling Jay a story (obviously) April 14, 2013 Queen's English Show Woodley Park. Jay drove his Bristol that day.
1668644270602.jpeg

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Everyone has at least one Jay Leno story. When we were sourcing bikes for the Guggenheim's 'The Art of the Motorcycle' I had left word with his publicist what we were doing and that we hoped to borrow a Vincent from him. A few days later my assistant came into my office and said "Jay Leno is on the phone for you [pause] is it the Jay Leno?"

A few years later when the exhibition was in Las Vegas they flew me there to give him a private tour of the museum. Since I was scheduled to teach the next morning, he had agreed to fly me back home on his private jet if no evening flight could return me in time. Sadly, there was a late flight so I flew home in Coach. Sigh…

Bogage

VOC Member
He is a huge fan of the Vincent and he has an A, B,C, D and At least one special. I knew a fellow who sold him a Shadow back in the early 80’s for 5 grand

Bogage

VOC Member
I will add that I heard a clip of him speaking in the trailer for "Speed is Expensive" that sounded like that story. I am beyond eager to see this film and it continued elusiveness is frustrating. I would even pay to see it! I am as eager to see the film as I am for the So Cal Section to announce where to send the money and registration for the rally next summer. Better yet where is said registration form!!!!! Just saying