I.T Skills (Education) Required

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is it possible on this forum to use the quote function from one existing thread, and drag it across to another different existing thread to answer a question, when both threads are of a similar subject matter. I hope that is clear, I know what I mean to say, but I may not have made that clear.
Thanks Peter

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
Is it possible on this forum to use the quote function from one existing thread, and drag it across to another different existing thread to answer a question, when both threads are of a similar subject matter. I hope that is clear, I know what I mean to say, but I may not have made that clear.
Thanks Peter
So you want the sniping to proliferate?

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I am really struggling with your comment Ernie, but I will try, the first thing you should understand is we are not all motivated by the same apparent objectives as yourself. But in response to one of your posts last evening I did have the need to cross reference two separate posts, and I found that I did not have the skills to do so.

This is not the first time that I have encountered this problem, there have been occasions when I have posted a relatively long post on a clutch nut C20 modification, and noticed a year or two later the subject has cropped up on a new thread, being to lazy to type the whole post again it would be very useful to find my old post using the search facility, and drag it across to the new thread that had been initiated on a similar thread, I have also had the same situation with a thread on the rough internal casting of Comet Oil filter chamber.

So hopefully you will now understand that my enquiry has nothing whatsoever to do with the need to proliferate sniping, in fact nothing could motivate me less, up until the reemergence of yourself we have had very little sniping on this forum to concern ourselves with.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
You can highlight the passage by left clicking the start, keep the button held down, then right clicking the highlight and selecting "Copy". Then at the new location, right click again and select "Paste".

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
So hopefully you will now understand that my enquiry has nothing whatsoever to do with the need to proliferate sniping, in fact nothing could motivate me less, up until the reemergence of yourself we have had very little sniping on this forum to concern ourselves with.
Ok Peter, I understand and I must say you are not among the serious snipers I have in mind. Although I could take offence at your sarcastic references to my intellect!!

However you are wrong about sniping on this forum hitherto. It is rife and often unprincipled or just plain nasty, especially when directed at the totally undeserving EC. It’s all there in the forum history.

There are a few soothing voices in the forum but the GCM did vote for more active moderation of threads. Clutch nuts and so on are what the forum should be about and hysteria whipped up by some who have an axe to grind should be positively pointed out.

As has been said cut and paste may solve your problem. But the sniping should stop.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
So you want the sniping to proliferate?
This snipe was directed towards me, was it not? it was certainly in direct response to my post, to which Bruce Metcalf has responded in a kindly manner with the information that I was requesting, thanks Bruce, I am very grateful.

G

Graham Smith

Thanks Peter
Peter, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do, but please feel free to give me a buzz and I'll try to help you if I'm able.

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
This snipe was directed towards me, was it not? it was certainly in direct response to my post, to which Bruce Metcalf has responded in a kindly manner with the information that I was requesting, thanks Bruce, I am very grateful.
In the context of several other current threads I think it was a fair question to which you gave a fair answer. I believe my subsequent response was kindly.

lee_812d

VOC Member
Thanks Peter
If you use the +Quote option next to Like, it adds it to multi quote so you can gather up a few quotes. Then in the reply section where you type there is an option next to Attach Files to Insert Quotes (if you have any quotes selected). It will insert all the quotes in the list but you can either delete some after or there is the option to delete some before inserting. This facility can be used across threads although it won't link the threads.