• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Huxhams of Parkstone, Dorset

A

alan wright

Bonjour from la belle France. Too cold to ride and too warm in the house to go out to the garage so a plea for help. I am the proud owner of a '47 B Rapide which I bought in 2004 when my mate and I bought 6 twins, a couple of Comets and loads of spares in the "barn find" of a lifetime. He kept a 49 White Shadow replica and I kept the 47 B which, I am reliably informed, turned out to be the first Vincent HRD to be sent to Dorset after the war. It was signed off by H Mainwaring at the factory on 27-5-47 and despatched to Huxhams Ltd, 149-155 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Dorset and registered by E P Huxham on 10-6-47 with the registration number GRU 721. I have painstakingly rebuilt it with all the right bits for a 47 Rapide including 3 1/2 in dynamo, Miller round brake light switch, short arm carbs (both rears), varicose vein timing cover ,tool box with 2 handles etc,etc BUT to finish the job I need a Huxhams of Parkstone machine badge. I have never seen one and can only assume that they existed as it was common practice for dealers to attach one to every sales bike in those far-off days. All help will be very much appreciated. Best regards and Bon Annee, Alan Wright

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Interesting and useful. Years ago I had a twin with a brass plate on the front mudguard, saying 'Supplied by Jack Surtees etc etc' Perhaps I ought to see if I can find it in all my junk as it sounds like these guys could do with one to copy as I have either missed it on their list or it is not there.

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Something like this Norman?

Attachments

• P1010033.jpg
    P1010033.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 72
A

alan wright

Many thanks chaps, I spoke to Val the decal man this morning, what a nice bloke. He would love a borrow of the Jack Surtees plaque to copy and I am sending him a couple of additions for him to copy BUT in a weak moment I told him that I would try to send him one from the French Vincent importer Clement Garreau so if anyone can help with that it would be great. While we are on a roll has anyone out there got plaque ( if it exists) from CIMIC SRL of Buenos Aires for my 48 Argentinian Rapide B? This guy is a pleasure to deal with and I have just posted my cheque so once again many thanks, best regards Alan.

Warning! This thread is more than 12yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.