How much vibration? - series C Rapide

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
Having recently got my late father's series C Rapide back on the road with help from the forum :D
I'm curious as to how much vibration is expected at 60 -70mph. Seems to be a tad vibey.
I haven't touched the throttle sync as this has been set during restoration and I've set the mixture
at about 1 turn out.Starts and runs no probs.
On the way back from a classic bike show one day he did manage to sieze the motor (post restoration) trying to ride it like he used to back in the day!
It did start again but he thought he may have slighty bent a conrod hence my original query.
Maybe worth getting it checked. My father used to use Bob Culver in Stevenage.
Any help appreciated.
Dan

Albervin

VOC Member
If the nuts on the engine brackets have been done up too tight you may experience vibration. I experienced some vibration early in my ownership of a Rapide and it was
cured by adjusting the torque on the front bracket nuts. There should be no more vibration than a well known Italian machine.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
If the nuts on the engine brackets have been done up too tight you may experience vibration. I experienced some vibration early in my ownership of a Rapide and it was
cured by adjusting the torque on the front bracket nuts. There should be no more vibration than a well known Italian machine.
And far less than a Tr....h!

danno

Non-VOC Member

Thanks,will look into that.
Dan