Misc: Electrical (General) Horn positioning

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
The horn on my Rapide C is positioned behind the clutch housing, mounted on the LH rear footpeg plate.
Due to the D type stand fitted, it's very tight space wise and the terminals are too close to the stand linkage mechanism.

It's a large item and really want something smaller or an alternative position for it. Would need to reroute the wiring obviously.
Any help appreciated.

oexing

VOC Member
Basically on a Vincent and its "silencers" you don´t need any horn - unless for the MOT. So maybe just get a moped horn for hiding it under the RFM just behind the gearbox ? There is some space for it I´d think.

Vic

Alyson

VOC Member
I see some owners with two horns, one on each side. Works great if you have a "high" and a "low" note horns. Is there room on the right side for the one horn ? Easy enough to extend the wires, just add appropriate connections. And out of the way of the D lifting arm.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Is there room on the right side for the one horn ? Easy enough to extend the wires, just add appropriate connections. And out of the way of the D lifting arm.
Looks like there's room on the right. If not for the original, then an aftermarket one. Just hope it can be heard over the engine.

Russell Kemp

VOC Member
If your bike is 12 volt then get a Denali Mini Sound Bomb, they are 113db but do need a relay that I think comes with the horn. I fitted one on my V-Strom and it is bloody loud.

eharris

VOC Member
Another mounting location is on the crash bar through the sidecar mount in the head lug. E.M.G. Stevens bike on the front of Know Thy Beast has them there.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Another mounting location is on the crash bar through the sidecar mount in the head lug. E.M.G. Stevens bike on the front of Know Thy Beast has them there.
Thanks. I'll have a look.
Too many non standard add ons on my Rapide hence lack of space and untidy wiring.
Work in progress though.