F: Frame Horn position and wiring

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
I'm just reconnecting the horn on my C Rapide after some work on the D stand and the terminals are very close to the footrest plate. Bit of a squeeze.
Also there's three wires connected with one going to the brake light switch.

Is it usually mounted here? There's alloy brackets too to clamp the horn on.
Would like to simplify it if possible.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230423_180242.jpg
    20230423_180242.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 46

danno

Non-VOC Member
I think it should go higher up on the pillion plate,
Without that extra bit.
Thanks. Yes, I see what I think is the original hole in the middle of the plate.
Looks like it was remounted lower down on the large spacer because of the D stand. The clips are behind and the stand is quite close to the plate so no room for the horn bolt.
I suppose I could use washers with the spacer to get sufficient clearance for the terminals. That’s how it was before.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Have a look at drawing M036. On Twins the terminals are uppermost. On Singles it is better for access to fit them at 6 o'clock because it puts the live terminal and possible sparks further from the fuel taps. Maybe in your case you need the terminals the way you have them.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Have a look at drawing M036. On Twins the terminals are uppermost. On Singles it is better for access to fit them at 6 o'clock because it puts the live terminal and possible sparks further from the fuel taps. Maybe in your case you need the terminals the way you have them.
Thanks. Yes, I see that the terminals are at the top. I didn’t realize that the bracket can be changed around.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Be careful with the Live wire,
If it catches anything = Dead short, Battery destroyed,
I had it with a Hydraulic stop switch on my Special.