Where Are You Now? HJH110

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well I have started and got up to the end of 1962 so far. There has still been no mention of Norman Curnow so perhaps that will be later. However, there are mentions of the Three Wheeler and a few other items which might stir up some memories. I will report the month of the MPH in which these items are mentioned so the actual events are possibly one month earlier.

Nov 1960, The first visit of the Three Wheeler to our club meeting place but no mention of the name of the owner.
Dec 1960 The first mention of Joe Karasec's name.
April 1962 Johnny Kemp ceased to be section organiser and Bob Peacham took over. We continued to use his farm house for over fifty years as our headquarters.
June 1962 I returned to the world of Vincents having been released from my period as a conscript in the RAF
July 1962 Paul Champion , current section organiser, got married.
Aug 1962 Report of the Silverstone meeting in which Joe burnt a hole in one of the pistons in the Three Wheeler, several section member got first class awards and my claim to fame was that 'I did not fall off'.
Oct 1962 Report of Brighton Speed Trials in which I competed on my Shadow and was reported at the event as making 'a good performance on a ride to work bike'. It really was a ride to work bike.
Nov 1962 Report of Ramsgate Sprint in which I competed on my Shadow and Gordon Chewter competed on a Wal Phillips DOT
Dec 1962 Report of magnificent Vincent stand at Earls Court show with photos of Phil Vincent, a very young looking Brian Phillips and I was one of the club volunteers on the stand.