F: Frame Headlamp Stays, Mudguard Stays.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When I owned my “Banbury Run Bike” a 1928 AJS K9, a 500cc side valve single, it was a remarkably smooth running motorcycle, considering how ancient it was, that had the headlamp mounted on the bottom of the steering headstock, very similar to the FF33 mounting, and used 2 bent round metal rods threaded at the fork end for attachment to the headstock, and plain at the headlamp end for the headlamp to clamp onto. Most of the time it was fine, but when ticking over the headlamp would vibrate excessively, so much so it snapped the support at the forks end, and required a welded repair.
Yes well it would, compare it to the profs attempt to copy what PCV (#14) had planned for a start there are no top supports on the AJ
1699972913535.png

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Sadly I no longer own my AJS K9, so I am unable to post any close up photos, but I can say with some certainty that the headlamp on my bike bore no relation to the photo that Tim has posted, I think I had a Lucas headlamp with the switch built into the rear cone of the lamp shell, the lamp was threaded on each side in a similar fashion to our Miller headlamps, so the shaped steel rods were attached to each side of the lamp.

Calle

VOC Member
Picture taken today at Prof Higgins headlamp stays. Looks better in real life than in picture.
We continue our garage meetings once a week, despite Neville turning 92, a bunch of underemployed old men get together, also screwing and drinking tea, . Today we assembled the bottom of a Meteor engine.

1699985981655.jpeg