Happiness

Piston Pete

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This Easter ,my Comet played up in France , so we tried to tow ,one bike to another ...actucally it was a burgman 650 doing the towing...anyway we got through the town ,untill the burgman rider opened the throttle and bang ,i hit the deck ......limited damage to the bike ,greater damage to my pride ...as for the Frenchman in the car I fell off in front off ...well I doubt he will ever be the same again .

As for towing an outfit ,I have an MZ outfit ..and it broke down in a big way (clutch self-destructing) ,so my wife was called into service ...driving 50 miles to rescue me ....I can safely say I have never travelled as fast on an outfit as I did that day !! Still wake up in a cold sweat from time to time

nkt267

VOC Member
Yes..Great Fun when her up front forgets she's towing you and pulls out into the gap in the traffic that is only big enough for one car..ARRRRRRRRRGH..John

vibrac

VOC Member
Even better,overtaking a stream of slow traffic, when surprised by the arrival of a fast oncoming car, pop into a space between first two cars and find yourself sharing the space with a long tow rope.....:eek:

Howard

VOC Member
I once towed my son on his broken down Yamaha 50. Fastest it had ever gone. He never mentioned old men on old motorbikes again............... and the trousers came clean after 2 or 3 washes.

H