H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres H57 Black Lightning Sprocket Adapter

oexing

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ahh, yes, the very small rear sprockets for racing ! I had wondered how they had long gearing for high speeds when the brake drum o.d. was the limit somehow , for smaller sprockets. Allright, not a concern for me at almost 70 old, most likely I will not do high mileages any more as well.
Cyborg, you remember my mod with the large idler ? Now I don´t know if it will be very effective but I got that idea from here about someone who packed lead plates onto the idler . Anyway I sandwiched fat o-rings between two alu plates on the idler , a bit like the cush drive in one of the Horexes lately when I changed clutch plates for very slim Chinese plates to have one extra pair in there - for less strain on hand lever. The packed idler no longer does the Ding with o-rings but better have an eye on minimal backlash in gears and valve clearances for fighting clatter.
Vic

P1070947.JPG

P1100685.JPG

Keith Martin

VOC Member
I found the details but changed plans while working on a Triumph T150 racer. It uses the dirt track style quick change sprockets and hub. The hub is not that different than a Vincent. Should have thought about this first as I have sprockets for the quick change set up starting at 23 tooth to 60 tooth sprockets in house.

IMG_0941.jpeg

IMG_0942.jpeg

Cyborg

VOC Member
Vic,
Yes, I remember you posting a photo of the timing chest and I noticed the damper. Definitely best to keep backlash to a minimum, but I think the damper will still help.

Cyborg

VOC Member
I found the details but changed plans while working on a Triumph T150 racer. It uses the dirt track style quick change sprockets and hub. The hub is not that different than a Vincent. Should have thought about this first as I have sprockets for the quick change set up starting at 23 tooth to 60 tooth sprockets in house.

Interesting setup. It looks like it would be relatively easy to make and probably wouldn’t take much longer to make than the usual adapter. Having learned the hard way about aluminum on aluminum threads, I’d make a mental note to put a dab of anti seize on there.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Yes something odd about that chain. Almost looks like a double sprocket in behind the red thing, with a short chain coming out from the kick-start cover and then a longer chain to the rear wheel. Wish the picture was a bit better.