Gloves G

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Bazlerker.
As one who has done The Elephant Rally a few times I have only one tip. Take everything for the coldest, wettest worst possible weather.
You can always take kit OFF and carry it, but you can't put it on if you have not brought it along.
A "touch" of hypothermia on an "Elephant" taught me that painful lesson.,
Altogether though have a really great ride and best of luck

Colin

VOC Member
You have it covered. . Try it ALL out near home before you go to Scotland, you could have something that chafes when worn with something new, or something that doesn't feel quite right

Colin

VOC Member
I think I should lend you my Belstaff jacket and pants, just re-waxed last year........
Hi Robert Bought my Belstaff Trialmaster waxed suit in 1959 and it's as good as ever, but it was very costly, at £8-10-0, even with the measly 5 bob discount my Motorcycle Dealer employer at the time gave me. Shortly after buying it I took an excursion along the road on my backside, when the lights on my Fanny Barnett went out at night, ripped it about a bit, but didn't rip me!. Belstaff repaired and rewaxed it Free of Charge, and my Mum was very grateful for it. Think I might keep it a bit longer!

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Thanks for the good advice!
Klim Latitude goretex jacket & pants, Alpinestars Goretex boots, Racer insulated Goretex gloves, Rukka Goretex non-insulated gloves, Smartwool merino wool base layers, Smartwool merino wool mid-layers, Smartwool merino wool underwear and socks, Patagonia down filled jacket..I think I have all the bases covered..your advice is good!
You could leave the wool on 20 odd sheep and use an electric vest.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Then you would have to build an air conditioned barn for the sheep when a heat dome rolls through Scotl........ Oh sorry, don't worry about that.

Jim Bush

VOC Member
Do you know any rental motorcycles that come with the wiring for electric gear? I don’t, and yes, I asked.
Having rented a few bikes in Europe - I always found best way was to bring a harness that connected directly to battery terminals, a feed off at the seat fot the elec vest and extended up to instruments for connection to GPS, or phone charger. I never found a bike pre-wired