H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Front Brake Adjustment on Series ‘B’ Twin with Bramptons

Graeme Hall

Forum User
VOC Member
I have fitted a new set of front brake cables, with the thicker outer in an attempt to improve the brakes on my series B twin, with its Brampton forks. The cables must be a bit longer than the old ones as, even with the adjusters at maximum adjustment, they are too long to actuate the brakes.

Before I start to experiment by fiddling with the brake arms, I thought it would be wise to ask what's the proper set-up procedure for the front brakes on a series B?

Alyson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just a note, how are the linings on the shoes ? I would start with the brakes themselves, check, clean, and then cables. Sorry this does not really answer your question, and I have Girdraulics, so I'll definitely be reading any responses here as well.

G

Graham Smith

Here's the link for anyone who'd like to take a look

Graeme Hall

Forum User
VOC Member
Please read my detailed description on the Britbike Forum, Vincent Pages. It starts at post #872865 under the Forum name "hardarser".
Thanks. I found the post for Girdraulics and at the end it says there will be another for Bramptons which is the post i really need. Please will you point me in the right direction?

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Forum has a further post #876936 and further remarks and comments thereafter, so read the entire post, please. Thanks for the link to the first post, Mr. Editor. I'm too stupid to do that stuff.