F: Frame Folding Footrests for Comets

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Gentlemen, I have just been offered three new, chromed folding footrests for Comets. There is one clutch side and two timing side. One of the timing side ones is standard length and the other is half an inch longer than standard. The price is £130 plus post and packing for the three. Contact me on enw07@btinternt.com if interested.
1643992236434.jpeg

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I got a couple of pairs a few years ago from Mac Read, they are a great addition to a Comet, polished stainless steel, very nicely made.

deejay499

VOC Member
I made mine buy using the mounting blocks from the rear footrests, trimming to size and had them welded to the bottom of the cut front ones. All chromed and have been on there for about 30 years.

vibrac

VOC Member
I just took a spare comet LH footrest hanger mounted it on the right added two triumph folding footrests (shortened) out of the scrap box and modified the brake pivot
Its nice Not to spend all my money on vincents

timetraveller

VOC Member
CORRECTION. I collected the three footrest hangers this morning but had missunderstood the situation. The number THREE was discussed and as there are three items in each set I understood that was all that was available. It now turns out that there were three sets of three (one set now delivered locally) so there are two sets of three left. My understanding is that these are no longer available and no more will be made so speak now or regret it later. enw07@btinternet.com

timetraveller

VOC Member
Thanks Tim. That is true but at double the price of the local ones. I had not checked that. Additionally the two local sets have three items, not two, so one can choose how long one wants the timing side one.